Of Sunny Saturdays and Orange Lipsticks...

The sun is out, the birds are singing, my skin is radiant. It's a minor miracle that Everything is Awesome™ seeing as exams are rapidly approaching and I want to celebrate my small victories in some way, shape, or form. The little things in life are worth appreciating, am I right? 

"It's time," I hear my soul whispering. 

"Time for what?" I gingerly reply. 

Orange lipstick.

I know as a person of colour, the prospect of an orange-toned anything can make one really break a sweat. It needs to be a miracle orange in order to not completely blend into my skin, look too stark or emphasise hyperpigmentation around my mouth. The first high-end lipstick I bought came from a massive Sephora in New York City, when my cares were little and my makeup skills were dire. But even then I knew what a novelty a good orange lipstick was, what a celebration it signified. Years later and I still have that sheer orange lipstick container (I used it up completely): I love reminiscing with it about that trip to anyone who will listen.

Today a delivery came in the mail, right when I was deliberating which orange lipstick to reach for exactly... And it's beautiful. It's bright but can be sheared out to a wearable wash of colour. I just have to share the selfies, I can't be selfish I need to let y'all know. My Beautiful Rocket by Lime Crime is just that: A Beautiful Rocket that soars my makeup to new heights. It's a beautiful bright orange with a redder undertone that complements my skin tone and I can see it being flattering on such a variety of skintones, easily.

I'll say no more and share the selfies! Let me know of your Orange lipstick discoveries? 

No comments