Etude House Polishes Via Beautynet Korea!

Spoiler alert! I adore these nail polishes.

I've wanted to gush about them for a while but I had no idea who to gush to. I'm glad you've got my back fellow blog readers! Beautynetkorea has had a fair few misses for me (I'm looking at you Mango Sunblock and various disappointing Makeup mists) but the day I ordered the Etude House Princess Happy Ending Nail kit in Belle was a pretty great day.

First, let's talk about Beautynetkorea.com. They sell a variety of Korean makeup and skincare products with discounted prices (I'm a student, I need to exaggerate this), member point perks and free shipping. Plus, you can pay by paypal and everything is super secure. Every time I've ordered from Beautynetkorea my package has arrived in 10 days which is amazing consistency, to me.
In itself, Beautynetkorea it's an awesome website for stocking up on foreign products, but, as always, with great power comes great responsibility. Some of the products I've purchased from Beautynetkorea haven't been incredibly impactful on my skin, not many of the products I've purchased have had super long staying power or great pigmentation (re: most of the Etude House eyeshadows), and I rarely reach for their products when doing my makeup unfortunately. None of the foundations or BB creams have a great shade range and a lot of their products are "whitening", a term that sends me running towards the African mountains without so much as a glance back. When I eventually find something I like the look of I'm elated, but as with most online stores it's hard to know whether something is really going to work (and I'm not about to globe trot just to test products in store; I'll run for Africa, but for Etude House?? For TonyMoly?? No thanks). To their credit, Beautynetkorea does a really great job at providing a heap of samples with every order (they tend to be the same Tonymoly acne cleanser samples but I'mma ignore that, it's cool).

I can't confidently say that I am a nail polish person. I used to be in high school, I used to do nail art and really creative stuff, but nowadays I find it high maintenance. I need a nail polish that will dry quickly, last for a very long time, not completely destroy my nail bed and chip in a graceful manner. It doesn't seem like a lot to ask but oh boy, you'd be surprised at how many polishes I've tossed... I put the Etude House Princess polish kit in my cart on a whim because I literally only have one other nail polish. I went back and ordered the other kits in Jasmine and Snow White after falling in love with Belle. On a side note, how cute is it that they're named after Disney Princesses? Hopefully the pictures below will translate (I'm wearing the Orangey Red shade in the Snow White kit, ignore my foundationless face please and thank you) but they are so shiny and easy to apply. The brush inside is flat and on the rectangular side so with a few easy swipes I'm done. They dry in approximately 2 minutes and whenever I wear them my mom asks me if I got gel nails done. They're that shiny.

Each kit comes with some nail art sheets, I gave these away after I tried them once. Don't get me wrong, they adhere to the polish well (it's better to apply them after the nail has dried) but they're little crowns and roses and genie lamps, aka not exactly my style. The kit also comes with two nail polishes, one glossy shade and one that's either glittery or shimmery. I love the glitter polishes because they aren't hell to remove from the nail and they're subtly pretty. These polishes go through an entire week of wear without chipping. A week! What kinda Korean sorcery–– They look glossy, clean, two coats and I'm done. I don't apply a base or top coat because I'm lazy and they still last forever.

Love, love, love these kits. I'd buy Cinderella if the colours appealed to me but not everything can be perfect, eh? Let me know what Korean beauty products you love! What nail polishes are you whipping out for summer?






No comments